Manchester Press @ Rankins Ln, Melb

by - 5:09 AM


I have not written a food post for the longest time. 
Since I am now at Melbourne, so I was wondering why not I write a food review about the cafe here?
There's so many cafe and good food over here (even more than Malaysia), so I am really excited whenever I go for food hunt with my friends. 

This cafe that I am going to introduce is Manchester Press. It is actually a laneway hideaway cafe. When I first reached the place, I was a bit scared because it's hidden in laneway, which I, as a Malaysian, will think of burglary and bad things happen.

Image result for manchester press laneway

Fortunately, nothing went bad and google map didn't fail us. 
We arrived the place safely and got our name on the waiting list.

 While waiting for our turn, I got some pictures of the cafe. 



The interior 



The atmosphere is very cosy.

I really like their design, which is minimalist. 


The Menu


They have variety of food to choose, from breakfast to salad, and also bagels. 

It's even vegetarian friendly and I had a hard time deciding what to eat. 



Cappuccino ($4)

This is quite good. The coffee is very smooth. I regretted for not drinking it when it's still warm. 

I saw a lot of people ordering their Matcha Latte, which I think it's their best seller. 
I feel like ordering that, but I was craving for coffee, so I didn't order that :(

Feel like I have missed something real nice.   



Smoked Salmon ($15)

Sliced smoked salmon, baby capers on top of a dill cream cheese schmear.

I don't know what to order, so I ordered the safest choice of all, which is the smoked salmon. 
The cream cheese matched very well with the smoked salmon and I really love the combination! 
Except that the bagel is a bit hard to my preference. I wonder is all bagels that hard ?

Oh yeah, and the pretzels ! It's salty ! 
I really love the crunchiness of it, but it's just too salty for us. There's more salt than we thought they have put. If they change the salt to sesame, I will really appreciate it <3 


Brian's cup of tea.

I am not sure what he ordered but I think it's pretty good, because I hear no complain about the tea. 
He is more to a tea lover, than a coffee person.


14 Hour BBQ Pulled Pork ($16)

Texas style BBQ pulled pork, soaked in BBQ sauce, and topped with house made slaw and pickles. 

The pork is marinated really well with the BBQ sauce, but I think that I will get jelat if I have eaten too much. They are really generous on the meat though.



MP Club Sandwiches ($15)

Thick cut turkey, grilled bacon, cheese, sliced tomato and mixed greens, topped with cranberry and chilli plum relish.

I think this is pretty good, but Kei doesn't like it because of the jam. 
It is combination of all taste sensation, including sweet, saltiness, softness and hardness. 


I am pretty satisfied with the food here. 

I had a good experience :)



I shall end my post over here.

Thanks for reading :)


Love, 
CLYL.



You May Also Like

0 comments